"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it without knowing what's going to happen next."

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Bomb Blast right under our Nose

PUNE': Terror struck Pune' tonight as a powerful bomb ripped apart a popular bakery near a Jewish prayer house, killing nine people, including 5 women and a foreigner, and injuring 45 in the first major attack since 26/11 carnage. (The Times of India)

  Please pray for our teams' safety, as they left for Pune' on the 10th and will spend a month there.
  I know this area very well. When I lived in Pune', German bakery was where I used to peddle my bicycle to to buy my snack. That place swarms with foreigners, literally. It's surrounded by ashram's, beautiful parks, and guest houses. People walk around in red robes and long beards. It's difficult to make a distinction as to whether they are prophet's of doom or just weido's. And if they weren't bearded and robed or arrayed in sackcloth, they looked drugged or a little psychopathic.
  By this I don't mean to sound like I'm justifying this act of terror--by all means, no, of course not. I'm just reliving memories of my past, because German bakery was like my backyard and where I would go to almost everyday.

1 comment: