"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it without knowing what's going to happen next."

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Trip to Ski-resort

Mr.O has been a very nice man these many months of knowing him. He has done many favors for us without expecting anything in return. 

           
This was on the way. We stopped to take some photo's

Among the diversity of his businesses, Mr.O is also a ski instructor. That (on the left) is what can be likened to a ski lobby on a very casual scale. Well, first of all, other than the structure, Mr.O built it himself. On top of that, his tuitions often come with a 2 or 3 day stay, and his students (sometimes up to 20 people) find warmth amidst the blistery cold weather in his little school. It is known to room those 20 people, though they squeeze in shoulder to shoulder.

That is a loft made for sleeping, that only has the height for crawling. The pain that these people inflict on themselves to do the sport they love. I am in no way ridiculing the way they live their lives. If anything, I admire the price they pay for something that they love doing.
It was a very nice and warm reception. There was a kindly old lady who was there to serve. She set out hot coffee, tea, and Teramisu cake, and was very hospitable. In cold weather there is almost nothing better than a warm heater, a hot cup of chocolate, and a warm reception.

On the way home, I thought I would be feeling tired, but oh boy, my mind was abuzz. And when I stopped to contemplate why, I reasoned that I had two cups of coffee earlier, and there in the photo above we stopped at an Osembe shop to eat some of the finest rice crackers in existence, and... two more cups of coffee. Well, they were serving them for free with an assortment of samples of every kind of cracker. I thought, why not pig out. Plus, they were selling softcreams that I couldn't resist. The combination is enough to make my mouth water.

No comments:

Post a Comment