"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it without knowing what's going to happen next."

Friday, July 4, 2014

They Make Me Proud

  Here I am again, blogging about my life, because it's the best semi-private online avenue of biographical documentation. There's a chance that it will still be here decades later to go back to and use as a weapon against my teenage/adult sons.

 

  My immature childhood years have long gone by, and I'm left to relive them in the lives of my boys. My carefree teenage years that also went by all too quickly, will be here again to haunt me as my boys walk in my teenage footsteps, but only with memories of frivolity that I wish I had lived more freely and fully. 

  Gone forever are those good years of trial-and-error. I did a lot, and learned a lot. I'm happy I didn't step on too many people's toes in the process. I owned up to my mistakes, and made amends with my haters. I am a free man now. I feel that the sky's the limit. 

  Kenji and Deryk are becoming more bilingual by the day. It makes me proud. I feel like, for their sake, I better up my game and be the best dad, and husband to their mother, that I can possibly be. 

  It's an understatement to say that they make me proud. They make me "fuckin'" proud! 

No comments:

Post a Comment