"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it without knowing what's going to happen next."

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Summer Holidays

  It's been over a month since I last posted. I underwent a busy streak of completing my drivers license (I mean, like FINALLY!!). It took me 5 and a half months. But it can be done, for all of you fathers of 2 or 3 who work 5+ days a week.
  Our two boys have been doing well. They seem to be enjoying summer holidays to the full, with regular trips to the pool, visiting friends, participating in local festivities, and just good old free time. How I miss free time...







  I think the first step to true fatherhood is the losing of oneself. All desires, dreams, and ambitions need to coincide with your now MOST IMPORTANT role. Your number one desire, dream, and ambition becomes your wife and kids. Otherwise, this highly tedious role will get more difficult by the day, causing remorse, and eventually deep sorrow.
  But if one can nose-dive into this role, there are countless joys to be had. There is nothing that makes a father happier and prouder than a son or daughter who grows up to be an upright citizen of the world. It gives one of the deepest forms of meaning to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment